Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 22:18:33 +0200
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Fork=n

On 2011-09-21 21:55, Rich Rumble wrote:
> Is -fork() going to be available again :) I just built jumbo-6 on
> cygwin and 7 on Fedora-64 and didn't see the --fork option.
> I remember the initial issues from the contest, and I've seen
> two threads mentioning it (one for the GUI and the other for
> the planned changes in the main tree). I'm sorry I can't help
> much other than testing, especially in this case, but that
> feature really kicked ass during the contest.

I just recently got hold of that code and I don't even have any
documentation at all. Is there any? How did you use -fork?

BTW I have seen an MPI problem with j5c4 (neither using -fork nor -node,
just -inc mode under MPI) but I've had no time to look into it. I got
"Unexpected count: x != y" error. I guess the -node option and MPI
should be unified and use the same code in most places. This will help
debugging MPI a lot too.

magnum