Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 14:53:47 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: "make generic" broken in 1.7.8-jumbo-6-RC2

>From: Solar Designer [mailto:solar@...nwall.com]
>
>On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 02:26:02PM -0500, jfoug wrote:
>> I think I have this fixed.
>
>> Now, things are benching right for me in cygwin.  However, I do have a
>> problem, and it is due to the new 'loadable' formats.
>
>Elijah already reported this one, and I already have a fix in my tree.

I have added my own #ifdef HAVE_DL around the problem code in john.c and now
the entire make generic builds properly.  The john files properly runs a
-test=0 correctly for all formats. -test=0 does all of the normal
validation, but does not perform any benchmarks past validation. At least
things validate, and the test strings are 'happy'.

I will do more testing, then build the normal way (i.e. specific rules).
But at this point, RC3, + 0001-patch, + #ifdef in john.c 'appears' good from
my end.

Jim.