Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 23:42:49 +0200
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: FMT_BS in NETLM (was: Patch for dynamically loaded formats)

On 2011-09-19 17:58, Solar Designer wrote:
> Also, I think you shouldn't be setting FMT_BS - you don't have a
> bitslice implementation there.

This reminded me that I stumbled over the exact same thing in NETLM_fmt
recently. I know little about bitslicing, but I believe there is none in
that format. One could of course say that the M$ LM hash is bitsliced
per se... but that's not the general meaning of bitsliced DES, right? :-)

I suppose it should be removed in J6.

magnum