Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 20:59:45 -0500
From: "JimF" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: 1.7.8 Jumbo-6

From: "Solar Designer" <solar@...nwall.com>
>> At this time, I have no additional changes to put into Jumbo-6.  The
>> j6-rc2
>> + the 4 patches on the wiki are everything.
>
> Thanks for letting me know.  Would you summarize the changes since
> -jumbo-5, please - in a form that you feel is suitable for john-users
> (detailed) and Freshmeat (brief).

I will work on this.  What are the requirements again (characters).  I think
I will leave the tweet or whatever it is called to you.  That is simply way
too damn sort IMOH ;)

> I'll derive other levels of detail
> (for other places) from these two.
>
> Also, what systems did you test "j6-rc2 + the 4 patches on the wiki" on?

I have tested using the test suite, on 32 bit x86 builds (windows), non-sse,
see2, and sse2i.  I have tested on Solaris, 64 and 32 both with and without
OMP.  I think Solar has tested on linux-64.

> I plan to do some reviews and testing of my own as well, but it is
> useful for me to know what testing was already done.

Always good.

Jim.