Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 10:12:11 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: 1.7.8 Jumbo-6

Jim,

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 12:15:04PM -0500, jfoug wrote:
> At this time, I have no additional changes to put into Jumbo-6.  The j6-rc2
> + the 4 patches on the wiki are everything.  I also believe that Magnum is
> at the same place (i.e. all issues have been addressed), but I will let him
> speak up.

Thanks for letting me know.  Would you summarize the changes since
-jumbo-5, please - in a form that you feel is suitable for john-users
(detailed) and Freshmeat (brief).  I'll derive other levels of detail
(for other places) from these two.

Also, what systems did you test "j6-rc2 + the 4 patches on the wiki" on?

I plan to do some reviews and testing of my own as well, but it is
useful for me to know what testing was already done.

Thank you!

Alexander