Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 17:15:28 +0400
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <aleksey.4erepanov@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Organization name and domain, Application name for Johnny, Qt
 settings mechanism

Alexander,

To implement Johnny's settings I used QSettings class from Qt. It
provides easy portable way to store settings but it needs some
information about application to construct paths to settings (files or
registry entries on MS Windows) and maybe for something else.

Documentation on this:
http://doc.qt.nokia.com/stable/qsettings.html#basic-usage

I think it would be better to have this information related to Johnny
purpose. So currently I use following:
Organization Name: OpenWall
Organization Domain: OpenWall.com
Application Name: Johnny, the GUI for John the Ripper

Is that right? Domain is used for program identification on Mac OS X,
so I do not expect that it is possible to use "OpenWall.com/john"
however I will check it (I plan it closer to first release, ok?). Maybe
lowercased domain?

Regards,
Aleksey Cherepanov