Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 17:25:31 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: Build Issue on Solaris, John v1.7.8 jumbo-5 August 24, 2011

The 'portable' fix is to dump, stdint.h and stdbool.h usages, and 'fix' the
code.  There are also other gcc specifics, such as expect, etc.  Almost all
of this is with the newest, bleeding edge stuff (mostly in the GSOC new
items).  I figured some of this would end up getting properly
'portable'ified after the code production is done by the people doing that.

The issues I know of are:

#include <stdint.h>
#include <stdbool.h>
__builtin_expect((x),?)
__attribute__ ((pure))
getopts (without also including the code for systems without it).

Other libs, like libz (blame me :) for this one), newer OpenSSL

Jim.