Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 03:16:28 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Lukas's Status Report - #15 of 15

Lukas -

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 10:02:42PM +0200, Lukas Odzioba wrote:
> I've uploaded mscash2cuda-0 to wiki.

In addition to my previous message:

I've just tried this on hashes-all.txt-1.mscash2-uncracked from the
contest - and no hashes are loaded with "--format=mscash2cuda".
Looking at the code, I see that you need to adjust valid() and add
split() in order to load hashes formatted in that way as well.

The iteration count is fixed at 10240.  In -jumbo's mscash2_fmt_plug.c,
this is now configurable and optionally encoded with the hashes.  Maybe
you need to support that as well, unless doing so would have performance
impact (quite possibly it would if the loop gets unrolled).  This is not
terribly important as I think we have not actually seen MSCash2 hashes
with non-default iteration count yet.

In the Makefile, it'd be nice to have this commented-out line for Yellow
Dog Linux (in all of your CUDA patches):

#CUDA64PATH = /usr/lib64/cuda32

I think the mscash2 stuff should get into the next revision of allcuda.

Thanks,

Alexander