Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 21:28:10 +0400
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <aleksey.4erepanov@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Aleksey's Status Report - #14 of 15

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 07:51:09PM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> > Also on screenshot new label on progress bar is shown. '-format:des'
> > is raw key passed to John. I think I will change it to be pretty then.
>
> Is this based on "--show" output?

Yes, it is based on "--show" output that is called by timer. Timer
interval was 10 seconds however without modified configuration file it
is not useful so I changed it to 10 minutes recently. Additionally "john
--show" is called at the begin of crack and at the end.

> Does Johnny actually run john for cracking?  What does the window
> display while john is running?

Johnny actually run John for cracking. On this screenshot John is
running ("start" button is disabled, "stop" button is enabled). While
John is running user could view any page and even change options and
they will not affect running because running John is running and
the only option (-format) for 'john -show' is remembered at the
start.

John's output arrive to 'output' page, cracked passwords
arrive to 'passwords' page that now has three columns: user,
password, hash (I added screenshot of this recently) where user
and hash columns are filled from loaded file and password is filled
using output of 'john -show'.

Regards,
Aleksey Cherepanov