Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 21:01:10 +0200
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: vowels/consonants

On 2011-08-16 16:23, Lukas Odzioba wrote:
> I can help with Polish but I don't get what to do, hovewer I'am
> sending you Polish alphabet.
>   a, , b, c, , d, e, , f, g, h, i, j, k, l, , m, n, , o, , p, q,
> r, s, , t, u, v, w, x, y, z, ,
>
> And here is more info about vowels/consonants
> (http://free.of.pl/g/grzegorj/gram/gram01.html) in English.

What I need to know is which of the above is vowels. Your link provided
the answer: "These seven letters indicate vowels: a, e, i, o, , u, y
(the y is never a consonant like in English)"

All of those are covered already except 'y' is treated as a consonant
because that's how it has always been in JtR. In the word yellow, y is a
consonant. In the word happy, y is a vowel. Maybe I'll change it to be
treated as a vowel when a codepage is loaded. Actually I think we could
set it to be treated as both.

Thanks!
magnum