Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 09:41:21 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Lukas's Status Report - #12 of 15

On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 08:51:32PM +0200, Lukas Odzioba wrote:
> Last week I was working on:
> -phpass OpenCL patch - not finished
> -md5crypt OpenCL patch - finished rev0 290710 c/s
> -sha256crypt OpenCL patch -finished rev0 7027 c/s
>
> This week I will be working on:
> -test md5crypt,sha256crypt opencl patches
> -sha512crypt OpenCL patch:
> -phpass OpenCL patch:
> -pbkdf2 OpenCL patch:

Sounds good.  Yes, testing is very important.  I'd appreciate it if
others join this effort - help test Lukas' patches.  Jim, magnum - do
you have any systems with GPUs you could test these patches on?

> Additional info:
> With phpass OpenCL I've got weird bug. It's not working at all for
> passwords length equal 4.

Weird indeed, and I suspect that other lengths may be affected as well.

> Within few hours I will upload md5crypt and sha256 OpenCL patches to wiki.
> I've purchased new power supply, and I'm looking forward to add
> multigpu support to previous patches.
> I haven't tested OpenCL patches on AMD cards because of lack of that hardware.
>
> I would appreciate if someone could find free time to test them and
> modify Makefile accordingly.

I second this request.

Thanks,

Alexander