Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 21:38:47 -0500
From: "JFoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Question about character sets

Ok,

I am starting on a tutorial/procedure for adding a new code page.  I think I
have everything to do this.

However, I do have one rather large question.   I am posting this to the dev
group, in hopes that someone may have the answer to this, or be able to
point to the right direction.

Ok, here it is.   So far, all encodings we have done, have been for left to
right languages / charsets.  What will we need to do, to be able to handle
right to left, alternating, or up down (I think there are up down) ?   Is
our current method of dealing with strings going to suffice, or are the big
changes needed?

Jim.