Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 18:59:05 -0500
From: "JimF" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Plugin formats "released"

This was exactly what you had proposed, yes.

From: "Solar Designer" <solar@...nwall.com>

>> PLUGFORMATS_SRCS: sh =echo *_plug.c
>> PLUGFORMATS_SRCS += $(wildcard *_plug.c)
>
> This looks like exactly what I wanted tested (I am referring to the
> message I posted at "Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 21:29:55 +0400").  If it
> works, then I'll just include this change.
>
> Unfortunately, it's still limited to just GNU make and Sun's make, and
> is expected to fail on other kinds of makes.  But that's better than GNU
> make only.

If we can add other systems, we 'should' (or provide specific Makefiles FOR
those systems).  However, I do not have access personally to them, so do not
even know which ones would not work with the existing make file.

How would this information normally arrive?  emails directly to you, or is
this something that people post on the mail list?

Jim.