Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 18:21:06 -0500
From: "JFoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Plugin formats "released"

These renames were done so that the name globbing done while building the
header files, would put these before the other formats, so they would be
tested first.  The cash1 vs cash2 is not such a big deal, now that the
signatures have been changed.  But sql old (upcased) vs sql05 (cased), is
likely the order to test in. Similar to LM and NTLM would be in a pwdump
file.   That was the reason for the rename that was 'not' simply appending a
_plug to the original name.

Magnum found the issues, and changed the names, to preserve order when a
user runs without the -format= command line switch.

Jim.

From: "Solar Designer" <solar@...nwall.com>