Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 02:31:14 +0300
From: Shinnok <>
Subject: Using the Qt Creator IDE for JtR development

Hi john-dev,

Inspired by the fact that there is already a Wiki page on
on how to use JtR with an IDE, more specific Netbeans
here's a post on my blog on how to use Qt Creator for native Linux
development with Nmap given as an example:

And bonus, Linux Man Pages integration with Qt Creator:

Adapting the configuration steps from Nmap to JtR is pretty
straightforward, by omitting the configure in this step:

And using the respective jtr makefile SYSTEM argument for the "Make
arguments" text box, for e.g. this works fine for me:
linux-x86-mmx -j4

Hopefully, this will be useful for someone, even though John doesn't use
that many api's or has that big of a code base to require the need of an