Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 19:15:19 -0500
From: "JFoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Improved MSCash2 released

No,

Do not apply jumbo-2.  Simply apply jumbo-2-plugin.tar    It builds the same
'logical' file (like magnum said, it 'would' be byte/byte compatible, if the
file globbing gave the same results as the hard coded format layout did
before).

They are equivelant.   The J2-plug is not a patch. As is listed, there is a
diff file, but that is only for 'reference' showing what has happened.
Mostly it is simply file renames.  There are only a couple of things
actually changed.  The makefile is changed in a couple of blocks.  Then
john.c is changed, removing the hard codeing of most of the format
structures.  In replacement of those hard coded format structures, john.c
includes a couple of header files.  These header files will contain the
exact same data as what 'used' to be hard coded.  However, makefile will
recreate them properly, every time something in them changes.

Jim.