Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 23:47:21 -0500
From: "JimF" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: 1.7.8.Jumbo-1

From: "Solar Designer" <solar@...nwall.com>
> No, it's not late.  If you submit a patch today, I'll consider it for
> inclusion in -jumbo-1 tomorrow.

The patch is on the wiki.  The patch is to Makefile/john.c against 'raw'
1.7.7-jumbo-6.  I know this is likely to clash with some of what Magnum did
(in the john.c), since he was working on getting these working using oSSL
version numbers.  However, if that was the only changes he had in john.c,
then those changes can be left out.

I also had 3 other files which I changed char to unsigned char.  The code
works fine, but builds without 100's of warnings on my sparc boxes.  The
errors are using array of char but with values > 0x7F in the array.

Jim.