Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 06:06:54 +0200
From: Ɓukasz Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Lukas's Status Report - #5 of 15

Hi all!

During last week I was working on phpass performance and md5-crypt.
I've already uploaded new revision of phpass on wiki and benchmark
results. In comparision to old v0 it's 85% faster on gtx460.

I've got now two versions of md5-crypt. Need to do tests and will
choose one of them to be official.
My md5-crypt is having same bottleneck as sha256-crypt. I need to do
something about that. Mayby changes that i've made in phpass will
help.

Assuming
DONE:
phpass patch speed improvements
0 revision md5-based crypt

TODO:
remove memory access bottleneck in md5-crypt and sha256-crypt patches.

Next on my target list is sha512-based crypt.

At Friday I've got last egzam, and after that will be able to work full time.