Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 21:26:45 -0500
From: "JFoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: 1.7.7-jumbo-6

> I am also considering these for inclusion:
>
> john-1.7.6-hmailserver-02.diff.gz
> john-1.7.7-jumbo-1-SybaseASE-01.diff.gz
>
> likely with a compile-time setting to disable them on old OpenSSL.

A couple of things.

1. ditch the strnlen() and switch it to a strlen.  This function is not on
Mac, on MinGW, on Solaris, and I am pretty sure we will find other environs
it is not on.  The strnlen is only in valid, and it is easy to see what it
is supposed todo, and make it work properly with strlen instead.

2. I hope there is a way to 'test' for oldssl.  I can compile it on
sparc-32, but I had linkage problems.  It built and linked fine on sparc-64,
but that is because I am using a 'local' ssl build that is 1.0.1.0d or some
version like that.

Jim.