Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 08:12:31 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: 1.7.7-jumbo-6

Dhiru -

On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 07:57:16AM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> And here's a trickier problem:
>
> $ ./john ../src/unused/sshdump
> Loaded 2 password hashes with 2 different salts (ssh [32/64])
> *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x000000001f5e0410 ***
> Aborted
>
> I don't yet know if it's a bug I introduced or if it was in your patch.
> Does -RC3 work on sshdump for you?

This only affects OpenMP-enabled builds here, so it is likely a thread
safety issue, maybe with older OpenSSL on that machine.  If the issue is
in fact inside OpenSSL, we'll need to add #if's to disable OpenMP in
ssh_fmt.c if the version of OpenSSL is too old (need to figure out what
problem this is and in what version it got fixed).

Alexander