Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 23:07:32 +0200
From: Ɓukasz Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Lukas's Status Report - #3 of 15

Hi all.
During last week I was working mostly on university projects, what
reflected on poor gsoc progress.

Done:
-bought GTX460 1024Mb card
-started to read ATI stream documentation
-implemented ~20% of md5-based crypt
-tried to profile patches in nVidia nSight but it turned out to be
impossible on windows XP. I need to install windows Vista od Seven,
but it must wait until end of semester(2weeks).
-after Solar's sugestions I've tested full unrolled version of
sha256-based crypt. It is 5-10% faster than partially unrolled. To
achieve better results I must use only shared memory.

ToDo:
-finish md5-based crypt patch
-generate md5-based crypt test data
-try to coascale memory operations in sha256patch