Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 03:56:32 -0500
From: "JFoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: John  1.7.7-jumbo5-RC6 just released.

I have just completed prelim work on all formats.  All formats are now
working for these systems:  This is jumbo5 with ALL formats included, and
working, including all of the -uft8 formats, using the -utf8 command line
switch.

The testing done was:

1. build in each environment.
2. make check  ( does a john -test=1)
3. ../run/john -test=1 -utf8
4. cd ../test    ./tstall     (after the new testing suite is properly
installed).

These builds have been tested so far:
- Mingw32 builds of SSE2, MMX, and 'any' and 32bit intrisics
- Cywgin32 builds of SSE2, MMX, and 'any' and 32bit intrisics
- solaris-sparc64-cc
- solaris-sparcv9-cc
- linux-64-gcc and intrisics.

The above is a good mix of 32 bit (asm and non-asm), 64 bit, little-endian
and big-endian, requires-align and no-align-requirements builds.

I believe that all of the endian-ness issues, and alignment issues have been
worked out at this time (on jumbo-5).   This should be a stable release with
ALL of the new changes in (since jumbo-1), that have been publicly posted.

If someone can perform build/test on these systems, and post results:

Other linux systems.
ICC / clang
Mac builds
MPI

A good way to test is shown in step 2 to 4 above:
-test=1
-test=1 -utf8
tstall     (has been updated on wiki).

NOTE, the test suite has been updated. It is now a 'normal' patch. It is
also versioned, so that small incremental patches can be released for it.  I
have put the 'normal' john public domain licensing on the files.

Jim.