Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 19:42:09 -0500
From: "JFoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: 1.7.7-jumbo-5-RC5 released

I have posted an upgrade to Jumbo-5.  This is a encompassing upgrade.  It
contains all the patches I could pull off the wiki, that were being done for
this jumbo.  Thus, this should be able to apply over a clean 1.7.7 and have
no follow up patches (at this time).  Here are the new things fixed, since
the jumbo-5-RC4 (biggest things are getting many formats working properly on
64 bit BE systems which require alignment).  NOTE, there are still a few
formats needing mofiications, on Solaris-64 (BE-64-Align architecture).

- Fixed alignment issues in sapG, rawMD4, OPENLDAPS, NT, NSLDAPS, NETNTLMv2,
NETNTLM, NETLMv2, NETLM, mssql05, unicode, mskrb5, MSCHAPv3, md5_gen, HDAA,
salted-sha.  (Note mskrb5 still has issues)
- added -nolog command line option (and changes to logger.c)
- -test option was not working with -config= option.
- Fixed UTF issue in 32 bit SSE builds of NT and mscash
- Optimized 'prepare' function in mscash/mscash2
- Some makefile changes (MPI, Solaris builds, some regression testing
Linux).
- Fixed --make_check in john.c (so make check now works properly).  Ported
to Win32 also.
- Some markov tweaks

Jim.