Openwall GNU/*/Linux - a small security-enhanced Linux distro for servers
[<prev] [next>] [<thread-prev] [thread-next>] [day] [month] [year] [list]
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 20:29:55 +0200
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: NT_fmt bug

On 2011-03-14 22:24, Alain Espinosa wrote:
> The C code works fine, the sse2 and 64 bits sse2 it is of the problem
> with Unicode or other multibyte encoding. In the first step i use an
> optimization using a shift in place of a rotation (the gain is very
> small but it is a gain :) ). Tecnically it is not a bug as the code
> was designed to work with byte enconding and not multibyte.

Alain,

If I did not misunderstand the above, it sounded like a really easy fix. 
Can you please please post an update that will do full Unicode. Or point 
me to what I should change (I tried finding it but I failed).

My current (unreleased) UTF-8 code includes a significant boost for NT 
(using UTF-8 or not). I really do not want to release that with 
self-tests commented out, known to fail. I could revert to your generic 
code but that would bat the heck out of the execellent performance.

thanks
magnum

Powered by blists - more mailing lists

Your e-mail address:

Powered by Openwall GNU/*/Linux - Powered by OpenVZ