Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 20:29:55 +0200
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: NT_fmt bug

On 2011-03-14 22:24, Alain Espinosa wrote:
> The C code works fine, the sse2 and 64 bits sse2 it is of the problem
> with Unicode or other multibyte encoding. In the first step i use an
> optimization using a shift in place of a rotation (the gain is very
> small but it is a gain :) ). Tecnically it is not a bug as the code
> was designed to work with byte enconding and not multibyte.

Alain,

If I did not misunderstand the above, it sounded like a really easy fix.
Can you please please post an update that will do full Unicode. Or point
me to what I should change (I tried finding it but I failed).

My current (unreleased) UTF-8 code includes a significant boost for NT
(using UTF-8 or not). I really do not want to release that with
self-tests commented out, known to fail. I could revert to your generic
code but that would bat the heck out of the execellent performance.

thanks
magnum