Date: Sat, 07 May 2011 21:48:40 +0200
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Plumbing changes (moved from john-users)

On 2011-05-07 00:20, magnum wrote:
> Maybe I should also implement that "auto-generated format list" for
> options.c that I have been thinking about... this would mitigate a lot
> of patch collisions. Together with your changes, most new formats would
> only add one line in Makefile and two in john.c

That was much easier than I feared. I did have to move the
john_register_all() call in john.c main() so the formats are loaded when
calling opt_init(). I hope this won't break anything?

Other than that, it was like hello_world.c and we should have done this
ages ago!

Currently this code writes to column 79 (80th) at most but we can lower
this by one in case it cause empty lines on Windows?

No rights reserved, yada yada, enjoy!
magnum

View attachment "john-1.7.7-jumbo-1-generated-format-list.diff" of type "text/x-patch" (3018 bytes)