Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 05:38:48 +0200
From: Ɓukasz Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: PHPASS CUDA patch revision 0

Last week i have developed PHPASS patch for JtR.
I need to find better way to compare it with oclhashcat, for now it is
only JtR benchmark. This is very test-password sensitive ( results may
differ by taking another test cases ).
I'am getting currently ~27k c/s on 9800GT. It would be nice to see
benchmarks result for other nVidia cards so here is test-script for
anyone who would want to share results:

#!/bin/bash
john_target="linux-x86-mmx"
john_src="john-1.7.7.tar.gz"
john_dir="john-1.7.7"
john_path="john-1.7.7-phpasscuda-0.diff"

if [ ! -e $john_src ]; then
  wget http://www.openwall.com/john/g/john-1.7.7.tar.gz
fi

if [ ! -e $john_dir ]; then
  tar xvzf john-1.7.7.tar.gz
fi

if [ ! -e $john_path ]; then
  wget http://ukasz.sphere.pl/gsoc2011/john-1.7.7-phpasscuda-0.diff
fi

if [ ! -e ispatched ]; then
  cd $john_dir
  patch -p1 -Z < ../john-1.7.7-phpasscuda-0.diff
  cd ..
  touch ispatched
fi

if [ -e ispatched ]; then
  cd $john_dir/src
  make clean
  make $john_target
  ../run/john -test --format=phpasscuda
fi

On 64bit systems please change target to linux-x86-64.
Running benchmark freezes my system on a two or three seconds, I don't know why.
There are few known "problems" with this revision:
Number of keys per crypt is constant, what is problematic for grater
salt loopCounters (process is beeing killed)
$H$ prefixes isn't supported
Patch does not check for specific situations as "0*", wrong loopCounter etc.
Next revision will solve all of them.

Lukas