Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 21:10:09 -0700
From: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: "SSH private keys cracker" patch for JtR [first cut for GSoC]

I have re-based my patch on top of john-1.7.7-jumbo-1 and also have
cleaned up john.c, loader.c as suggested by magnum. New patch attached
and uploaded to the wiki.

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 4:38 PM, magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net> wrote:
> 3. I can't see why you encode the base64 blob (further) into hex, doubling
> its size? I'm not sure how much info you need to save, but I think you
> should just re-pack the data into something like ...
> This would more than half the need for your huge increase of
> LINE_BUFFER_SIZE. Maybe you need the Proc-Type field too? If so, just add it
> (only what is needed from it) with another $ separator.

No, I don't need the Proc-Type field. I need to think about this idea more. :-)

Thanks again magnum for your review.

--
Cheers,
Dhiru

Download attachment "john-1.7.7-jumbo-1-ssh-01.diff.gz" of type "application/x-gzip" (9621 bytes)