Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 18:46:29 -0500
From: Daniel Beard <trigulus@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Using DES_bs

I want to clear something up that I realized I had never mentioned. The
purpose of using DES bitslice is to generate a hash from an algorithm. The
algorithm generates a salt from a user supplied password, then the password
and salt are passed to the DES algorithm to generate a DES hash which is the
current goal of my project. I"m not sure if that was clear in my second
question of my original john-dev  post. So, that's why I ask if it encrypts
or decrypts because I need it to encrypt.

Again, thank you for your answers,
Daniel

Content of type "text/html" skipped