Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 01:30:57 +0100
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: --utf8 option, proof of concept

On 03/07/2011 11:02 PM, magnum wrote:
> Here is a PoC of how I think we could get much better flexibility for
> all Unicode formats. The code quality is so-so, I don't intend to put
> this on the wiki.

A version 2 of the patch is now indeed uploaded ot the wiki and posted
to john-users as I found it very usable and I think it's has become good
enough for end users to try out.

Is there any chance this could be included in the Jumbo? Would something
need to be changed? I really like the functionality.

I removed smbencrypt.c after moving the one remaining function to the
new unicode.c, I hope that is not too intrusive, it seemed logical to me.

magnum