Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 14:04:26 +0100
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New update to md5-gen, AND changes to the john core
 'format' structures. (diff posted to Wiki)

On 03/12/2011 04:37 AM, jfoug wrote:
>> From: magnum [mailto:rawsmooth@...dband.net]
>> Fwiw I think I saw a misformatteded NT-format (using $NT$) hash file
>> result in segfault because there was : in user names (all of them, so in
>> practice there was a field between user and hash throughout the whole
>> file, and it was not an LM hash). Just a heads up, I haven't had time to
>> confirm or reproduce it.
>
> Please try to get an input file.  There is some strangeness in the NT

Here is an input file that produce a segfault. It does have some
misformatted lines (first colon meant to be _) but there seem to be more
parameters involved.

0x0000000000452ad4 in ldr_init_hash (db=0x6d6320) at loader.c:676
676					    db->format->methods.binary_hash[size] &&
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0000000000452ad4 in ldr_init_hash (db=0x6d6320) at loader.c:676
#1  ldr_fix_database (db=0x6d6320) at loader.c:698
#2  0x00000000004506a2 in john_load (argc=<value optimized out>,
argv=<value optimized out>) at john.c:326
#3  john_init (argc=<value optimized out>, argv=<value optimized out>)
at john.c:397
#4  main (argc=<value optimized out>, argv=<value optimized out>) at
john.c:503

magnum

View attachment "segfault.txt" of type "text/plain" (571 bytes)