[next>] [thread-next>] [day] [month] [year] [list]
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 12:26:45 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: welcome

Hi,

This is our new mailing list for John the Ripper development topics.

When you post in here, please consider this list public - I am going to
make the archive public soon (perhaps today), and I am going to announce
this list on john-users.

I've populated the initial subscriber list with those of us who have
posted patches to john-users and are currently on john-users.  (It is
quite likely that I missed someone, though.)  I think this is acceptable
because those people would otherwise be receiving development-related
messages via the main john-users list.  The split into two lists simply
gives everyone a choice.

At this time, we have 25 subscribers in here.  For comparison,
john-users has over 1000.

Let's take the various development-focused discussions out of john-users
and private e-mail, and bring them in here.  By "development-focused" I
mean anything discussing specific source code changes.  Things such as
high-level discussions of potential new features or user-visible changes
may/should remain on john-users - because we need input from the users.

Alexander