Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 18:58:30 +0200
From: Christian Forler <>
Subject: Re: Password Scrambling

On 18.01.2013 22:13, Christian Forler wrote:
> Anyway! In the next couple of weeks, we will write an academic paper
> introducing a new password scrambler (key derivation function). After
> that, I will try to supply you with an abbreviated version of our
> extended abstract, if desired.

Sorry, for the long delay. But this work took a little longer than
expected. Nevertheless, we came up with Catena, a new memory-hard
password scrambler based on the bit reversal function. A detailed
description of our scheme is available on eprint

We hope you enjoy this work, and we look forward to fruitful
discussions, comments, and criticism (on this mailing list).

Kind regards,

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (555 bytes)