Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 21:24:10 +0100 (BST)
From: hakre <>
To: "" <>,
  "" <>
Subject: Re: R: NUL bytes in Unix crypt SALT string using SHA-256 and SHA-512

----- Ursprüngliche Message -----

> Von: "" <>
> Perhaps a glibc mailing list should be a better place to ask. Drepper, iirc, was
> the author of the crypto sha hash.

Yes, Ulrich Drepper was the author, this is the document including the specs incl. the code:

Sorry for not providing these details in my original request. I'll consider to mail with glibc, it's just my C skills are limited, otherwise I probably would be able to really answer that myself by reading his code.

-- hakre