Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 16:12:45 -0300
From: Yuri Gonzaga <yuriggc@...il.com>
To: crypt-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Yuri's Status Report - #13 of 15

> This is not entirely true: you could/can try to setup a similar
> development environment on your own Linux system and get past the
> compilation errors.  You won't be able to actually run and debug the
> code, at least not fully, but you'll get it to compile.  Then when you
> get access to the remote machine again, you'll proceed with running and
> debugging right away, without having to spend time to fight source code
> compilation issues.

Yes, you right. But, there is a little problem.
I don't have a copy of Pico's includes and libraries.
I was just using the files already installed on the remote machine.
The files that David sent to me don't include those ones.

Yes, and you should be able to produce that "patch" on your own computer.

The code that I produced is on that machine.

Alternatively, if you like, I may setup a Linux system for you to access
> remotely.  You'll need to install Pico's development stuff on it (you
> got a copy of it, right?)  It won't have an FPGA board in it, but you'll
> be able to get stuff to compile, or show to me how it fails to compile.
> Please let me know if you'd like to proceed with this approach.  Also,
> please let me know what Linux distro and version was installed on the
> machine David provided you with access to.  Perhaps we'll want to use a
> similar one.

Thanks. But it's not necessary.
If I had those files now, I think I prefer using linux on my own computer.

You give me an idea: next time I have access to the remote machine, I will
copy the libraries to my distro to work on my own. So, I will need the
remote machine only when I will run on the board.

Thank you!

---
Yuri

Content of type "text/html" skipped