Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 00:55:27 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: crypt-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Yuri's Status Report - #10 of 15

Yuri -

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 04:47:16PM -0300, Yuri Gonzaga wrote:
> We will have communication working between JtR and multiple cores.
> The approach that I don't want to keep trying is the mix between Windows and
> Linux.

Cygwin is not Linux, but I think I get what you mean.  I was unhappy
about us doing any development on Windows at all. ;-)

> David provided me the documentation about M501 board.
> So, I will use it to do the manager module that will organize data transport
> between the multiple cores and host.
> When it can work in my own tests, we can pass to do that in the JtR.

Sounds fine.

> David sent me a hello world example with the documentation, which I couldn't
> run.
> I am getting some errors. I reported them to him in order to overcome this
> problem.

Please keep me CC'ed on any such e-mails.

> Alexander, Could you start to guide me in how the JtR works with multiple
> hashes?

Yes.  Do you have specific questions?

The interface is described in formats.h, and you may look at dummy.c for
a sample.  If anything specific is unclear, please ask.  If you don't
have specific questions yet don't have an understanding of how this
works in general, this will be much harder to explain - yet I'll try to
(maybe via IM).  Please let me know either way.

Thanks,

Alexander