Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 19:24:57 -0300
From: Yuri Gonzaga <yuriggc@...il.com>
To: crypt-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: EskBlowFish with RAM results

> Great!  Can you post the code, please?

Yes. It is going attached right now.

>  Why so many LUTs?

Please look into reducing the LUT count,

which I think should be possible to reduce by a factor of 10 or more.

I really don't understand why you have so many LUTs used.

I don't know. Maybe, next experimentations could answer this question.
I will try to reduce, but I don't know if I can achieve a factor of 10.

Number of RAMB16BWERs                                 4             116
> This makes more sense, but still I'd expect only 2 of these used.  Why 4?
> Are you keeping the initial constants in separate BlockRAMs?  Or maybe P?
> If so, the initial constants should be uploaded by the host, and P
> should be in registers.

I think it is 4 because I am storing initial constants in a ROM and the
synthesizer implements this ROM with RAM.

Oh, perhaps you're using a 16+2 Kbit BlockRAM per S-box in order to have
> enough read ports for the four S-box lookups to occur in parallel.  Right?

I'm not doing that.

Thank you too for the feedback.

Yuri

Content of type "text/html" skipped

Download attachment "EksBlowFish.zip" of type "application/zip" (4382 bytes)