Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 05:32:06 -0700
From: David Hulton <0x31337@...il.com>
To: crypt-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: alternative approach

Alexander, Yuri -

I think that we'd probably end up using a V6LX240T because it's not
very cost effective to go to anything larger. We will be coming out
with a V7 board later this year which will have closer to 500k LUTs
but it won't be available until after this project is over.

One thing we might want to consider is making this pack into LUTs the
most efficiently. I believe that for the DES S-boxes it only requires
4 6-input LUTs per S-box. I'm not sure how this compares to the
modified BF implementation (sorry I haven't had a chance to review
this much because I'm out of the country at the moment, btw are you
going to PH-Neutral?), but it would be good to double check how many
LUTs are used and see if there's a more optimal way to structure it
that still implements the similar amount of security.

-David