Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 06:45:38 +0530
From: sandy m <msandy91@...il.com>
To: crypt-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Queries regarding "New password hashing method"

Hello Sir,

I have some queries regarding the project.

Its regarding the *material required *to get a better understanding of the
project. I have gone through the papers "future adaptable password scheme"
and one more about "scrypt"( I haven't been thorough but got a outline). I
have also watched the Google tech talk videos on "Cryptography" available on
utube. I have also read some articles on FPGA password hashing to get a feel
of the capability of FPGA password hashing. Please suggest me the material
which you think is required.

In the application template you haven't asked us any abstract or design,
please let us know of the *criterion* you have in mind for awarding the
project.

Please be frank and let me know if a student of my profile can contribute
effectively without much hassle and trouble for you ?(as I haven't had any
course on cryptography and computer security and am from EEE department).
Please do consider that I don't have any other intern planned for this
summer and would be willing to input around 40-45hrs per week(5 day week,
after all its my vacation :). I am also willing to learn anything that is
required before the actual commencement of the project(i.e between April 8
to May 23 excluding 1 week for my end semester exams).

Mini Background(relevant to application template) :
     C/C++,   8085/8086 assembly programming,
     ARM assembly programming(going on in lab),
     Currently undergoing FPGA implementation of traffic rule violation
monitoring,
     Currently following python videos on utube.

Thanking You,
Sandeep Manchella
III / VI Undergraduate
Electronics & Electrical Engineering