Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 10:01:20 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: announce@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: [openwall-announce] passwdqc 1.1.3

Hi,

passwdqc, our password/passphrase strength checking toolset, has been
updated further to version 1.1.3:

http://www.openwall.com/passwdqc/

passwdqc 1.1.3 introduces an "official" and documented way to build and
install all components but the PAM module on systems without PAM:

http://www.openwall.com/passwdqc/INSTALL.shtml

At the same time, we've enhanced the "personal login information" check
to consider the user's home directory path and name (in addition to the
username and full name), made the code even more portable, and relaxed
the license even further (now it is "0-clause BSD", so to speak).

Based on reports so far, 1.1.2 would build on Solaris 2.6 through 10
(the same versions of Solaris that 1.0.5 supported), and 1.1.3 should
build on those too (avoiding the compiler warnings that were reported to
us), as well as on 2.5 (without PAM).  I'd like to thank Steve
Christensen of Sunfreeware for doing the test builds.

At this point, we primarily need more reports for systems other than
Linux and Solaris.  Specifically, we need HP-UX, *BSD's (both with and
without PAM), and anything else you might test this on.

Thanks,

Alexander