Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 03:15:19 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: announce@...ts.openwall.com, owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: [openwall-announce] Contributed packages for Owl 2.0; Owl-current pre-built for SPARC

Hi,

This is to announce two items:

1. We're starting to make available contributed Owl packages under
/pub/Owl/contrib on the FTP mirrors:

	http://www.openwall.com/Owl/DOWNLOAD.shtml

So far, 65 packages for Owl 2.0 and 2.0-stable have been contributed.
This is due to work by Andreas Ericsson and others of op5 AB.  Please
note that none of these packages are officially supported by the
Openwall team (so they are not subject to our usual security audits,
"hardening", timely updates, etc.)  Any comments on the contributed
packages are to be posted to the owl-users mailing list.

At the same time, the directory /pub/Owl/current/unofficial is retired
(removed from the FTP mirrors).

2. The most recent Owl-current binary packages for SPARC architecture
have been made available under /pub/Owl/current/sparc on the FTP
mirrors; thanks to Alexander Kanevskiy for doing the SPARC build this
time.  (Previously, only Owl 2.0 release and older packages were
available pre-built for SPARC.)

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar at openwall.com>
GPG key ID: 5B341F15  fp: B3FB 63F4 D7A3 BCCC 6F6E  FC55 A2FC 027C 5B34 1F15