Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 12:17:28 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: announce@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Linux 2.2.22-ow2, 2.4.20-ow0

Hi,

New versions of the Linux kernel patches have been released.

Linux 2.2.22-ow2 improves the "lcall" DoS fix for the Linux kernel to
cover the NT (Nested Task) flag attack discovered by Christophe
Devine.  Obviously, this only makes a difference on x86.

Linux 2.4.20-ow0 is an update of the preliminary Linux 2.4.x patch to
the new 2.4.20 release.  While this release contains fixes for the
many recently discovered Linux kernel vulnerabilities, I haven't yet
performed my planned double-checking and thus don't call this patch an
-ow1 yet.

Both patches are available from the usual location:

	http://www.openwall.com/linux/

--
/sd