[next>] [day] [month] [year] [list]
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 20:34:30 +0400 (MSD)
From: Solar Designer <solar@...se.com>
To: announce@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: popa3d v0.4 contributed Kerberos v4 and APOP authentication patches

Hello,

Dug Song has contributed Kerberos v4 (KPOP) and APOP authentication
patches for popa3d v0.4.  I've mirrored them into popa3d/contrib on
the FTP and added links to the popa3d page at the usual location:

	http://www.openwall.com/popa3d/

Please note that both of these patches are "unofficial"; while I have
plans to support APOP some time in the future (possibly in v0.5), the
database format will likely differ.  Also be aware that APOP does not
necessarily improve security: it requires that plaintext passwords be
stored at the server, and its challenge/response pairs are vulnerable
to offline "dictionary attacks".

Signed,
Solar Designer